Sunday, February 6, 2011

Landsknechts in 40mm

Being a fan of both Landsknechts and the 40mm size, I purchased some figures from Doug Miller's range.

Ich think, they are well skulpted miniatures, even though they could have been a little less sloppily modelled in some detail... .

Anyway, I like them and I started to paint two of them (actually it's four figures).






The first one is a Landsknecht general or "Locotenent" on an armoured horse. Since I find armour or mail easy to paint and there is not much to be seen of the horse (at which I have no experience in painting with), I started with this one.
I painted horse and rider seperately and put them together only before varnishing.



Next, I did this little vignette, which shows a Landsknecht fighting with a peasent, with a dead Landsknecht on the ground.
This is probably my favourite peace of Doug Miller's work, so I just had to paint it. I think, it came out very well.








Some other figures of that range are in Progress, and I'll present them here once finished, of course.

Your comments are welcome... .

Tom

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I especially like the knight.

    Keep painting.
    der Tsstler

    ReplyDelete