Thursday, March 3, 2011

Need Advice

I urgently need advice on how to paint those two napoleonic cavalry.
I don't have much clue about this era and all my research on the net didn't get me anywhere.

Here's the first figure:


It's supposed to be a french hussar, but what regiment? What stuns me most is the saddle, etc. on the horse. It looks so different from all images I have found, since it doesn't have that felt cover.

And here's the second one:


I'd appreciate it, if someone could help me quickly, since I'm not able to continue painting it... .

1 comment:

  1. The first miniature is a British Hussar, distinguishable through the fur cap and the carbine which has no barrel bands unlike French carbines.

    Here's a example:
    http://images.nypl.org/index.php?id=477565&t=w

    ReplyDelete